Is your science readable?
I offer writing and editing services for academics, researchers and clinicians. My strong scientific background, a PhD and postdoctoral research experience in molecular and cellular biology, allows me to bring a depth of understanding to your project that few other editorial consultants can. I have spent several years working full time as a writer and editor for the medical faculty at the University of Virginia, including both clinicians and basic researchers. Before this, I worked as a commissioning editor for the reviews journal ‘Current Opinion in Investigational Drugs’, and as a writer and editor for a pharmaceutical research database.
Please feel free to approach me with any project that you have, and we can discuss the best way for me to help you. Examples of the types of project I have worked on so far include:
- Grants – I have experience with proposals to many funding bodies (both British and North American, including the NIH, MRC, CCFA, AHA and many other speciality funding bodies), including formulating cogent responses to reviewers, and have helped researchers to achieve significant improvements in the scores their proposals receive;
- Research papers – I can help you at any stage of the writing process, producing papers that receive compliments from section editors for the quality of the writing and presentation;
- Review papers – I write, edit and rewrite review papers to help you produce a focused paper that is targeted to your audience, up-to-date and informative;
- Figures and schematics – I specialise in producing high quality, publication ready research figures and schematics, to explain your working hypothesis or give your review paper some life;
- Leaflets – When producing leaflets for clinical trials, it is important they be accessible to a broad audience. For conferences they need to be focused yet eye catching. The needs of your audience are paramount to me;
- Book chapters – My ability to do in-depth research in a new field and summarize it in a clear and engaging manner make the book chapters I write a pleasure to read.
When you have a project that you would like me to work on, please contact me.